Posting ID : A1068486867
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Accounting Finance
Urban Services Group, Inc. is seeking a Staff Accountant for its billing, collections, and reconciliation activities. The candidate accomplishes activities related to billing and collection for multiple companies, invoicing, A/R billings, revenue collection, reconciliation, and general ledger postings, month-end closings and financial reporting. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
*process improvements, documentation, forecasting, account management, data management/record keeping.
*provide support and assistance in budgetary processes and payroll transmission support.
* Responsible for the day-to-day operations of billing and collections to ensure that workflow is processed in a timely, accurate manner.
* Responsible for monitoring and applying quality control procedures to all assigned funds.
* Analyze data to identify areas of improvement, increase efficiencies, and make recommendations to leadership.
* Ensure department compliance using internal financial controls.
* Communicate information regarding aging reports and delinquent accounts.
* Responsible for all aspect of invoicing, then the reconciliation of payments along with forecasting revenue.
* Solid knowledge and experience using generally accepted accounting principles as promulgated by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting with at least two-years of accounting work experience, or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
* Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel; Word; Outlook.
*Strong work ethic, analytical problem solver, effective time management skills, pays strict attention to detail, good interpersonal and verbal communication skills, and works well under pressure and within short deadlines.