Posting ID : A1068486759
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
Well established catering company is conducting interviews for:
Off-Site Catering Chefs and Food Station Attendants
Chef/Station Attendant responsibilities include:
* Meeting the offsite team at the assigned site, which can span most of the Charleston area
* Assisting with the offloading of equipment and supplies
* Setting up event site
* Supervising and delegating kitchen tasks.
* Consulting with the Executive Chef on proper display and assembly of items
* Late stage preparation of food, assembly and garnishing prior to serving
* Assist with plating food in kitchen for seated events
* Working live-action stations in front of guests. Including carving, pasta, and a host of other concepts.
* Breakdown, cleanup, and reloading of all supplies at end of event
* Culinary degrees are preferred , but not required.
* Previous experience in catering or restaurants.
* Reliable self transportation
* The ability to lift at least 30 pounds
* A positive, can-do attitude
* The ability to be articulate, communicate clearly and have gracious guest-service manners
* Presentable appearance
* Resume is required for all applicants, as are references
*** These jobs are part-time and on call positions. Work hours can vary from week to week, and are flexible. Most shifts, however are concentrated on weekends. An ability to work Friday evenings and Saturdays is essential. These are ideal positions for students, particularly culinary students. These are also very physical jobs, often requiring working outdoors. All new hires will go through a training program prior to shift work. Background checks may be performed, and all candidates will be verified for employment through E-Verify.***