Posting ID : A1068485860
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Customer Service
Under general supervision, Authorization Agents approve, partially approve or deny claims as the circumstances warrant. Authorization Agents are analytical thinkers and ask the right questions in order to ascertain the proper information to make good decisions. They speak with contractors to verify failures, determine cause, negotiate prices, relay coverage limits and inform them what is covered and payment limits.
Primary job functions:
1.Communicates with contractors by telephone, email and fax, obtaining diagnostic reports, analyzing and determining action against contract terms and price guidelines.
2.Accurately enters all necessary information into FNF software systems.
3.Performs follow-up activities to include, contacting contractors for special requests, approving parts and equipment needed for purchasing functions.
4.Keeps current information on price guidelines, contract terms and FNF procedures.
5. Ability to negotiate pricing with contractors to meet contract requirements and cost-per claims targets.
6.Works as a part of a team to address calls, emails, faxes, reminders and web inquiries promptly.
7. Must meet service level and accuracy standards for the team.
8. Provides back up coverage for Claims Status, Customer Service and Vendor Management groups
9. Other duties as assigned by FNF management.
10.Assists Purchasing with parts research and orders
11.Constantly participates in cross-training with other departments and continued education activities.
1.Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Multi-tasking with accuracy is essential.
2. Able to make accurate arithmetic calculations for pricing; ability to multi-task with accuracy.
3.Ability to use tact when advising contractors and homeowners about the claims process.
4. Ability to operate a personal computer and to use Microsoft Office. Typing speed of 35 wpm or greater required to quickly and accurately enter data into FNF systems.
5.Analytical ability sufficient to manage assignments guided by general procedures, i.e., applying price guidelines or interpreting contract terms.
6.Must be able to adhere to assigned work schedules to meet client needs.
7.Flexibility to work as needed to meet call demand to include weekends and holidays.
Education, Licensing and Experience
1.High school diploma or GED
2.Microsoft Suite and general computer literacy
3.Two years of experience in a customer facing role (in person or remotely)
4.Office or call center experience is a plus
5.Plumbing, Appliance, HVAC experience is a plus
6.Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus
Hours will be 8-5, 9-6 or 10-7 (with Saturday or Sunday)