Posting ID : A1068483023
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Education Teaching
Club Xcite is a private academic, social, and behavioral service for kids and teens. Club Xcite developed the "Xcite Way" teaching philosophy, which utilizes an educational skill building model while using a positive reinforcement approach. We serve children and adolescents who are facing academic, emotional, or behavioral obstacles. Our coaching programs apply fun and engaging interventions and activities in order to teach and motivate our student's. We provide healthy, positive adult-child relationships for students to learn and practice new skills while building confidence and raising self-esteem.
Job Description -- Executive Functioning Coach!
Club Xcite offers one on one, in-home/community, Executive Functioning Coaching. We are successful in working with middle and high school students who require support with executive functioning skills. Topics include problem solving, time management, organization, working memory, flexible thinking, study skills, and much more! The program will also include a social component of athletics and/or recreational activities to encourage and support the mentoring relationship. Strong teaching background and academic management skills are strongly encouraged to apply. Creativity, flexibility, and positivity are the biggest strengths our Coaches bring to the program!
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Conducts weekly activities to assist the development of executive functioning skills consistent with the program participant's goals and objectives.
2. Plans and prepares a weekly schedule of activities.
3. Provides feedback and information to participant's family.
4. Attends mandatory staff trainings and orientation.
5. Communicates needs, successes, and struggles with Program Manager.
6. May be required to transport program participants depending on program design and location.
7. Attends "Family Meetings" to meet new participants and engage families in program.
8. Complies with all Club Xcite's policies and procedures.
1. 3+ years working with children and/or adolescents.
2. Currently enrolled or recent graduate from college in related fields (Psychology, Social Work, Child Development, Education, etc). *Master's Degree, highly preferred.
3. Ability to communicate well with others, especially with parents.
4. Knowledge of terms such as: social skills, executive functioning, mindfulness, frustration tolerance, active listening, IEP, positive reinforcement.
5. Ability to commit to a minimum of six months.
6. Ability to work independently as well as with a team of caring and motivated professionals.
This is a unique part-time position. Candidates must be comfortable with progressively building up their schedule and client base. You can work up to 20 hours per week based on your flexibility and availability.
Schedule: Hours are available Monday -- Friday 3pm - 7pm (sessions last a minimum of 2 hours) and Saturday -- Sunday.
Location: Carlsbad, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, Rancho Bernardo, Del Mar, La Jolla, Coronado (locations may vary, staff will set their parameters).
Rate: $18 per hour / .55 cents per mileage reimbursement driven WITH client.