Posting ID : A1068482868
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Sales
Train for your professional sales career in an entrepreneurial environment steeped in a tradition of success. Our TEAM approach engages you in all aspects of our business – sales, operations and maintenance. Learn how we have become the nation’s leading transportation company from the ground up – where the rubber really hits the road!
In this Developmental role, you will receive 5 weeks of personalized training and be coached by managers and peers who started in the same seat. We will introduce you to our sales processes, leading edge technology and winning company culture through one-on-one, small group and web-based methods. Within your first 6 months you will be invited to our corporate offices in Reading, PA for our capstone event – facilitated by Senior Leadership, many of whom also started in your very seat.
Every 4 months you will be provided feedback on your development and performance, as providing top notch customer service is a key measure of your role. Upon successful completion of the program and successful performance in role, the opportunity for promotion into a manager position exists and future development in operations and sales will continue.
Days and times to be determined. 40 hour work week. Management Trainee will work a one man counter along side other Penske employees.
- Develop consumer and commercial customer solutions to local and national accounts - including many of the Fortune 500.
- Manage our large inventory of world class and nationally recognized vehicles, balancing fleet productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction in a fast-paced and dynamic workspace
- Generate new business leads as well as foster existing customer relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred concentration in Business or Marketing
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Internship or related work experience in a customer facing role preferred
- Results oriented, attention to detail and good time management skills
- A valid driver’s license is required, as is the ability and willingness to drive our Penske vehicles, including a 26’ box truck.
In addition to competitive wages, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package that includes:- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Plans; Paid Vacation and Holidays; 401(k) with match, plus defined contribution pension plan and special incentive plans
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit to learn more.
If interested, please apply online at