Posting ID : A1068480743
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Admin Office
Sales and Contracts Administrator - Inside
Ward Leonard is an industry leader in commercial, military and marine electric motors, generators, power control components and systems. Founded in 1892, Ward Leonard has for more than a century provided its customers with the highest quality electrical machinery for power delivery, AC/DC conversion, and power management.
Consistent with our core values, we expect the Sales and Contracts Administrator to be a high-performer with personal / professional integrity and a drive to continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. This position requires a professional who is open-minded, collaborative, demanding, dynamic, flexible, personable, professional and trusted.
Work in an energetic team environment responsible for developing and evaluating opportunities, preparing quotations, entering contracts into database and administering commercial and government contract in accordance with company policies and State and Federal requirements as dictated by ITAR and FAR regulations.
This position drives the day to day operations within the Sales & Marketing team and works with outside sales to meet team objectives, drive revenue, and provide excellent customer service.
* Demonstrated time management and completion of tasks to a definite deadline. Able to prioritize workload to meet expectations.
* Ability to work as a team member with limited supervision. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Solid customer service skills with emphasis on seeking answers and resolving issues independently.
* Must participate in training sessions and Product meetings to expand and update knowledge level on all products, tools and processes
* Strong working knowledge of computer systems and software; MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a history of being responsive
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Self-starter who can work effectively independently as well as in cross functional team environments
* Sales experience strongly preferred
* Begins quote review process within 24 hours of request.
* Performs accurate and timely contract review.
* Processes all change orders immediately.
* Serves as the primary customer relationship person on each project.
* Tracks and communicates the status of all customer orders throughout the life of the project.
* Provides general customer support and performs other duties as assigned by Sales Mgr.
* Utilizes Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to track progress on all tasks and record customer communications.
* Conducts Customer surveys and reports data and results
Reports to Customer Service Manager.
Job requires sitting at a desk work, including phone communications and using a computer. Also involves standing and walking in an office and a manufacturing facility.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation
* Spends approximately 85% of time working at a desk in a normal office environment.
* Spends about 15% of time on work away from desk, going out into shop, and discussing manufacturing issues with manufacturing department personnel, and engineering group. Must wear eye protection and any other required personal protective equipment while on the shop floor.
Training / Cross Training / Progression
Trains for Customer Service Manager position and/or other sales support position in line with the sales & marketing training program. Assists in the training of new Customer Service Representative personnel to promote orderly progression.
Additional requirements for this position include: Continuous Improvement and the submission of improvement ideas.
Education / Experience
Minimum of an associate’s degree and at least two years of experience working in an office environment. Experience in customer service in an engineering or manufacturing setting is preferable.