Posting ID : A1068479686
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Musicians
We are a pretty well established Bay Area indie rock band with a few tours under our belts, three albums of material and some exciting 2016 plans.
That said - our bassist has to move out of the state for family reasons and we're looking for someone to fill her shoes.
Our style is a little all over the place but we've had comparisons to Modest Mouse, 90's Pumpkins, Radiohead, Manchester Orchestra - if that's your thing then we should talk. We have alternative rock roots with electronic and orchestral elements splattered in.
Ideally here's what we're looking for in a candidate:
* Solid Bassist (Not guitarist who also plays bass) - Upright is a bonus -
* Ability to learn back catalog quickly.
* While I agree that age shouldn't limit music we're all in the 25 / 35 range and personality / lifestyle fit is going to be a huge factor in our decision so we'd ideally be looking for someone in the same range with some exceptions, however we can't accept anyone who is under 21.
* No drug / drinking problems. On your own time you do you, but sober at rehearsals and shows.
* Tour experience a SERIOUS plus since there will be plenty of that in the near future, some of which is already scheduled for Jamuary / February 2016.
* Flexible Job - While we try to be on top of things sometimes last minute offers arrive and we always want a "No" to be because it's not a good fit for us, not because someone couldn't get out of work.
* Willing to be a full time member of the team - all of us have to pull our weight with promotion, merch, networking, design, etc. No one "just" plays an instrument in this band.
* None of us are religious - we don't have a problem if you are, but we just want that stated up front since that's sometimes a dealbreaker for people.
* Vocals also a plus - she was our dedicated backup vocalist but we can make do without.
* South Bay resident preferred (Since we're HQ'd there) but open to all Bay Area if you can manage making it to rehearsals down here.