Posting ID : A1068479477
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Healthcare
The Animal Hospital of Soquel offers on-site lodging, boarding, and daycare services for dogs, cats, exotic and avian species. We are looking to expand the team and add a new member. The ideal candidate will share our principal that excellent service for our clients and care for their pets is reciprocated with business growth, bigger benefits and better opportunities for you. The ideal candidate will be like-minded in their investment in providing the highest-quality care for pets and their guardians, and must be committed to going above and beyond the call of duty in all regards.
- Friendly with a positive attitude
- Motivated/ Hard-working/ Strong work ethic
- Quick learner
- Have acute attention to detail
- Work well independently and with team members
- Ability to multi-task successfully and prioritize time and duties
- Responsible/ PROMPT/ Dependable
- Comfortable working with people and animals
- Excellent communication skills and a calm demeanor are a must
- Clean background check
Applicant Requirements/ Duties:
- Humanely handle, with patience and ease, dogs of all breeds and sizes
-Comfortable handling, and sensitivity to the needs of, cats of various breeds and temperaments.
-Comfortable handling various exotic and avian species, including rodents, rabbits, reptiles, small mammals, and birds.
- Answer phones and accurately schedule drop-off/pick-up appointments and services
- Able to lift and carry at least 40 lbs with no restrictions
- Experience working with, handling, and providing husbandry to animals required.
- Position includes performing dog and cat baths, feeding, socializing, facilitating play groups, cleaning cages/runs, and supporting team members in other departments.
- Must be physically active (bending, crouching, walking, lifting, etc.)
- Must be patient and tolerant of loud environments (barking), animal waste, odor and hair
-The ability to work weekends and holidays is a must.
Salary is competitive within the field, and commensurate with experience. Please do not apply for this position if you do not have work experience handling and caring for animals.