Posting ID : A1068478872
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Human Resource
Homer Logistics focuses on areas with large demands for delivered items, and then uses software to make the delivery fulfillment as efficient as possible. Through advanced order assignment methods, Homer provides delivery solutions that are both faster and cheaper than the current methods available.
Currently, Homer is focusing on the restaurant industry where Homer's technology and delivery infrastructure provide an outsourced delivery solution to restaurants. Food delivery occurs at an incredibly high frequency and volume in urban environments, and Homer's software allows for a centralized delivery infrastructure to support multiple merchants/restaurants in an area simultaneously. By not focusing on consumer ordering, and just specializing in rapid response delivery logistics, our fleet utilizations and response times are an order of magnitude better than other platforms or systems, and our delivery volumes are surging.
What we're looking for:
- An individual looking to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing tech startup (there will never be a boring day)
- Someone that is extremely comfortable handling NYSIF and Workers' Compensation claims (previous restaurant experience a HUGE plus)
- The ideal candidate knows what tip credit is and has experience monitoring and tracking it (payroll experience a must)
- Previous experience recruiting, motivating, and retaining hourly employees
- Bonus points: Experience putting together weekly employee schedules and collaborating with Ops and Sales to understand budget and projected changes
- 2+ years experience in a high-output, high-pressure environment (bonus points if you understand restaurant HR policies)
- 1+ years experience managing hourly employees (preferably 150 at a time)
- Experience managing and enforcing policies that shape employee behavior (bonuses, disciplinary actions, terminations etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ground floor opportunity at fast growing company
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
To apply, email us your resume along with a brief summary of why you're a fit for this role. Please use the subject "HR Generalist" when you email us.
Human Resources: 2 years
Payroll: 1 year
Restaurant Experience: 1 year