Posting ID : A1068476466
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Manufacturing
Position Title Manual Machinist - Vertical Boring Mills - WA #2825
Location Ridgefield WA
Manual Machinist needed for Vertical Boring mills.
Manufacture a variety of parts, sub-assemblies or tools by utilizing all shop machinery available per the outlined instructions, prints, or quality information within the allocated time.
- Sets up machines proficiently for each job
- Works from prints or drawings to produce a variety of items
- Produces precision parts within the allocated time listed on job traveler
- Inspects machining operations and finished products against specified tolerances, using precision measuring tools
- Keeps quality records for each job
- Keeps machinery and tooling in good working order, according to daily, weekly, & monthly maintenance schedule
- Maintains personal quality tooling required to do the job per tooling outline
- Presentable appearance and maintains personal tooling in a way that is clean and organized
- Calculates feeds & speeds on machinery for jobs
- Graduate of a technical school, a full apprenticeship program, or a completion of in-company four-year training program to satisfaction of training committee
- Five to seven years of on the job experience operating large horizontal & vertical boring mills
- 10 feet or larger VTL's
- Able to setup one-off parts efficiently & without supervision
- Able to work independently, responsible, & reliable
- Proficient blueprint reading skills & trigonometry
- Proficient with quality tools required to do the job
- Must have your own Machinist Tools & basic inspection tools (calipers, micrometer, edge finder, dial indicator)
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 5+ years of experience operating large horizontal & vertical boring mills.
2. Graduate of a technical school, a full apprenticeship program, or a completion of in-company four-year training program to satisfaction of training committee.
3. Able to setup one-off parts efficiently & without supervision.