Posting ID : A1068476161
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Writing Gigs
The Braiser (TheBraiser.com) is a destination for the industry news behind food and restaurant culture.
After a short hiatus, we are preparing to bring it back and stronger than ever.
Instead of writing about what delectable or inedible dishes restaurants are serving up, you'll be writing about the chefs behind those dishes. So, think you know it all about the chefs in your city? The best restaurants? The latest chef social media meltdown? The next Cronut? Now's your chance to work for a 2014 James Beard-nominated publication (not to brag, or anything).
The ideal candidate must know their Blais from their Bourdain and be passionate about the culture surrounding food. We are looking for a strong, funny, and intelligent writer and/or editor who is as excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced, new media environment as they are by the James Beard Awards and whatever Top Chef spinoff is about to air on Bravo.
- Write about 3 posts daily related to chef and food culture
- Manage modest freelance budget to assign and edit freelance posts to supplement your content
- Cover breaking news and trending stories
- Create original content (lists, interviews, Q&As, features)
- Source artwork and photography
- Manage freelancers, contributors and stories
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter)
- 1-3 years of experience, particularly in digital media and/or professional kitchens
- Experience in WordPress, analytic platforms, and social media a plus
To apply, please send all of the following to jobs @ thebraiser dot com with the subject line "I want to work for The Braiser - [your name]" in the email subject.
- 2-3 writing samples, ideally that align with The Braiser content
- Pick one of your writing samples and draft an example showing how you'd Tweet it out and post on Facebook
- A brief paragraph about why you're perfect for this role.