Posting ID : A1068475798
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Resumes Job Wanted
I am an experienced EH&S (Environmental Health and Safety) professional with 16+ years experience in Emergency Response Management, Health and Safety training / trainer, OSHA/Cal_OSHA / NFPA regulatory compliance specialist, and more.
Please review my resume and let me know if you think I can be of support for your open position.
Fully formatted .doc resume available upon request.
1620 Canton Dr.
Milpitas, CA. 95035
Shaun B. Taylor - EH&S Professional
To obtain a position in the field of Environmental Health and Safety in an environment that will allow me to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all levels of staff while protecting your company's assets and reputation by ensuring 100% regulatory compliance.
Advanced skills in all M/S Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook) - AutoCAD / Architectural Desktop -- QuickBooks -- Windows OS - QAD - and more
12/2012 - Present CBRE, Inc. at Microsoft, Corp. Mountain View, CA.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager / National ER Program Manager.
* Managed all EH&S programs for multiple campuses and clients throughout San Francisco Bay Area with over 5,000 employees.
* Established and managed ERP (Emergency Response Programs) for more than 50 sites across the U.S. and Canada.
* Established and managed multiple large-scale ERT (Emergency Response Teams) for all locations to respond to all medical, fire, environmental and natural emergencies.
* Established EAP (Emergency Action Plans) for all sites and clients to meet OSHA, Cal-OSHA, Title 8 regulatory requirements.
* Established and managed IIPP (Injury and Illness Prevention Plans) per Title 8 for all client locations throughout California.
* Managed construction / contractor safety programs, including tool box safety meetings, corrective actions, PPE requirements and EHS standards.
* Conducted all monthly safety inspections and managed corrective action plans for all sites
* Established, managed and conducted all Safety Training programs to meet and exceed OSHA and Cal_OSHA standards, including (but not limited to) LOTO, 70E, General OSHA, Fire Safety, Evacuation Training, Incident Command and more.
* Coordinated and managed all annual drills (Fire, evacuation, etc.)
* Established Safety Committee's for multiple sites
* Conducted OSHA required annual safety training for multiple campuses
* Initiated numerous safety programs to ensure regulatory compliance for D.O.T., Universal Waste, OSHA, Cal-OSHA.
* Provided Earthquake and Disaster Preparedness training and guidance for all levels of staff at multiple campuses.
* Established ISO 14001 Program and certification for Mountain View site with perfect scores on all inspections, and zero findings / recommendations.
09/2009 -- 11/2012 Sodexo Corp. at Doctor's Medical Center San Pablo, CA.
District Safety Coordinator & EOC Manager (Health and Safety / Regulatory Compliance Manager)
* Disaster coordinator and Incident Commander working with county EMS during actual emergencies and coordinating all drills including internal staff and city / county.
* Responsible for all Emergency Management programs, including running / scheduling emergency response drills, table top exercises and full drills.
* Conducted all safety (monthly and annual) inspections and audits for all areas, labs and offices and managed action items to ensure completion and resolution (Monthly and annual safety inspection and EOC Rounds)
* Responsible for Health and Safety / Regulatory Compliance Programs for more than a dozen Facilities throughout California, including multiple Hospitals, Healthcare, Senior Centers and Schools.
* Responsible for all regulatory compliance programs as per standards and requirements of The Joint Commission, OSHA, Cal-OSHA, NFPA, D.O.T., E.P.A., BAAQMD, city, county, state and federal levels.
* Established Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
* Lead on all regulatory agency visits (OSHA, Cal-OSHA, County, State, TJC)
* Responsible for all annual permitting including County HMBP, Waste Stream Management (Medical Regulated and Hazardous Waste), Air Quality, noise monitoring, and more, ,
* Helped to establish and manage program requirements and documentation for Joint Commission audits and passed two (2) Joint Commission EOC audits with zero findings or corrective actions.
* Supported Workers Comp program with Occupational Health Dept. including accident investigations, documentation and corrective action reports
* Created and implemented numerous safety training programs for all employees in:
* Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Confined Space Entry, Hazardous Communications, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety, PPE, Back Safety, Chemical Handling, Emergency Response, Fire Safety and Portable Fire Extinguisher Use, Asbestos Awareness, Blood Borne Pathogen, TB, and so much more. . .
* Managed Hazardous Waste and Universal Waste programs and established standards for storage, waste stream identification and proper removal and associated policies.
* Managed all chemical inventory MSDS systems, including proper storage, labeling, as per county, state, OSHA, and DOT requirements.
* Implemented Chemical Inventory Management program and on-line MSDS access program
* Conducted orientation and safety training for all new employees
* Created and conducted numerous Earthquake and Disaster Preparedness training seminars for all staff and county residents.
* Certified to teach accredited continuing education credit training programs for medical staff through CME
01/09 -- 2012 EHS Planning Milpitas, CA
Owner / Tech / Consultant
* Providing Disaster and Earthquake Preparedness training seminars throughout the Bay Area for businesses, private citizens and the healthcare industry.
* Contractor performing general safety audits and risk-assessments, on-site safety training and guidance as requested in the field of Environmental Health and Safety, including corrective action reports, follow-ups and guidance.
* Conducted numerous Risk Assessments and Safety audits for environments such as Manufacturing, Residential Apartment Complexes, small business and residential locations.
* Created "Earthquake Preparedness" program for The Big Rumble (www.thebigrumble.org) as rolled out for the entire San Francisco Bay Area including preparedness packets, emergency supply lists and "what to do" training for the home and workplace.
* Guest speaker on Earthquake Safety and Preparedness for Association of Building Contractors in Pacifica, CA, San Pablo, CA and other locations.
* Established IIPP's and Management Operations Programs for numerous clients and companies throughout the Bay Area.
* Create and conduct safety training programs
06/15/07 -- 03/10/2009 OptiSolar, Inc. Hayward, CA.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Successfully established and maintained numerous EH&S programs and safety requirements for a combined research / development and high volume manufacturing environment for multiple sites.
Successfully established and managed a 24/7 on-site ERT (Emergency Response Team) for all sites and contingencies with a 30+ member team for 2 facilities.
Managed Worker's Compensation program including reporting, investigation and documentation (including maintaining OSHA 300 & 300A Logs) and worked directly with insurance carrier(s)
Trainer for ERT in multiple topics and scenarios including
* CPR/AED/1st Aid, Evacuation and head-count procedures, First Responder, Blood Born Pathogen / Bleeding control, Trauma Response, Disaster / Earthquake preparedness and response
Successfully created and implemented numerous EH&S training programs and policies including (but not limited to):
* IIPP Program, Emergency Response / Evacuation and Headcount procedure, Ergonomics program, Fall Protection, Chemical Handling and Inventory Management and Laser Safety.
* Radio communications for Emergency Incident Command
* Emergency Equipment management and maintenance (Fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, SCBA's, etc.)
Managed FLSS (Fire Life Safety System) and GLSS (Gas Life Safety System) for all facilities
Disaster Preparedness coordinator / Incident Commander
Established and standardized training platforms, file management and training records, including on-line and in-house training programs
Laser Safety Officer -- responsible for creating new "Laser Safety" training program. Auditing all laser equipment and labs for laser classes 2-3b / 4
Lead on weekly and monthly safety audits / inspections for chemicals storage/labeling/handling, hazardous waste, OSHA/Cal-OSHA regulatory compliance requirements and general on-site safety (including establishing realistic corrective action plans and schedules)
Conducted all Fire Drills, Emergency Response and evacuation drills, coordinated with executive management and local emergency management authorities (Fire dept, police dept, alarm company, etc)
Performed numerous JHA/JSA's for all tools and devices
Managed Emergency equipment program, including Fire Extinguishers, First Aid Kits, AED's and ERT Equipment. Program included regularly scheduled inspection, as well as installation and location assessment for all sites
Organic sampling for employee exposure to numerous VOC's
Lead investigator in all incidents, accidents, illnesses and near-misses
Managed Ergonomics Programs, including all employee evaluations and assessments, product evaluation and workstation evaluation and adjustments.
Maintained Hazardous Waste program identified waste streams and coordinated removal of waste under all applicable laws. Monitored storage and training for all individuals working with and around said chemicals and MSDS system
Designed and maintained all Emergency Evacuation Maps for all sites (via AutoCAD)
Selected and Managed PPE Requirements and on-site inventory
01/03/06 -- 02/16/07 Varian Medical Systems Palo Alto, CA
Corporate Facilities Project Administrator / Project Manager
* Responsible for multiple facilities including a production / manufacturing plant with R&D and corporate office environment(s)
* CAD Drafter / Designer and space planner for all engineering construction projects including T.I.'s and remodels for all local and national facilities
* Vendor/contractor negotiations and contract administration -- wrote and managed all engineering cost estimates, contracts for projects, managed within budgetary guidelines.
* Management, update and maintenance of all as-builds, bldg. floor plans and drawings, including field measurement verifications
* Served on Emergency Response Team for all Medical and Environmental incidents
11/00 -- 06/05 SanDisk, Corp. Sunnyvale, CA
Environmental Health and Safety Technician / On-Site EMT
* Managed on-site 50+ member Emergency Response Team (ERT) for 3 facilities
* Supported EH&S Manager and Facilities Manager with all aspects of duties, training, records and requirements as required.
* On-Site EMT and First Responder for all medical and environmental emergencies and requests
* Responsible for weekly Haz-Mat Chemical Waste Inspections
* Responsible for monthly on-site Safety Inspections of all buildings and surrounding environment
* Trainer for multiple Emergency action programs including evacuation program, IIPP, facility orientation, fire extinguisher use & more.
* Maintained records for IIPP program, Incident reports and employee safety training records
* Trainer of all ERT members for emergency response / health topics
* Trained for Disaster Recovery and Business Contingency planning
* Assessment of PPE needs and ordering of needed supplies for all labs
* Ergonomic evaluations and adjustments for all employees in all work conditions (Cubicle, office, lab and warehouse)
* Maintained required MSDS records
* Trained & worked under ISO 14001 & 9001 standards and guidelines
11/00 -- 06/05 SanDisk, Corp. - Continued Sunnyvale, CA
Facilities Coordinator / Space Planner / Helpdesk / Customer Svc.
* Responsible for 3 Facilities with 900 employees in a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week manufacturing plant and corporate office environment.
* Coordination and management of all Facilities work order requests and services including prioritization and scheduling (Customer Service/Support -- Helpdesk Management) Q/A and follow-up
* Management, update and maintenance of all as-builds, building floor plans and drawings, including field measurement verifications
* Space allocation planning for all floor layouts, equipment installations, floor plan changes and remodels
* Space planning and coordinator for all individual, department and company wide relocations and remodels
* Vendor/Contract Administration -- Cost Accounting/Vendor Quality
* Facilities Accounting (Responsible for creation, management and tracking of all PO's, Purchase Requisitions and Invoices)
TPC Education Systems
HAZWOPER 40-HOUR (Re-cert as of 05/13/2014) On-Line
The Joint Commission Resource Center Phoenix, AZ.
EOC (Environment Of Care) Boot Camp -- TJC Certification
Laser Institute of America Orlando, FL.
LSO (Laser Safety Officer) certification
West-Med College / Red Cross of America San Jose, CA.
EMT-1 -- Emergency Medical Technician (BLS)