Posting ID : A1068475534
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Retail Wholesale
REFILL TECHNICIAN POSITION
Pharmacy Technicians or People with Pharmacy Experience Needed ASAP!
Fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company, expand your tech knowledge, and be a part of a great team oriented environment! Seeking a Pharmacy Technician or CPhT who wants to advance their career with a Specialty Pharmacy, while truly helping others!
- Exceptional Customer Service and Strong Communication Skills, a must.
- Work experience (aside from internships) in a pharmacy setting, required.
- Familiarity with insurance verifications/issues, authorizations, preferred.
- Ideal for someone who is patient, diligent, and dedicated to helping people.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and learn quickly.
- Additional training will be provided.
This is a full-time on-site position based at our corporate headquarters in New Hyde Park, New York. Please submit a copy of your resume and read the job description before submitting your information.
The Refill Technician (RT) proactively refills prescriptions to patients 10 days prior to need date and schedules follow-up activities; the RT assists patients in arranging for homecare, if needed, and answers/documents patient questions; the RT performs follow-up assessments according to disease state, assesses medication inventory to minimize waste and control costs.
- Receives and coordinates all orders, and confirms proper insurance coverage prior to shipment of orders.
- Responsible for their portfolio to ensure continuity of care and timeliness of shipping orders.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in handling customer complaints received, while documenting and forwarding to appropriate administrative staff.
- Responsible for billing and reorder process.
- Clear communication with outside third parties as well as with the department supervisor and team.
- Primary contact for receiving phone calls in regards to refill prescriptions.
- Takes refill orders by phone, documents in daily log and customer file.
- Files all office records as necessary.
- Must exhibit excellent skills in the following areas: verbal/written communication, computer/data entry/software proficiency, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, self- discipline, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification, preferred (but not required).
- 1-3 years' pharmacy experience required, retail pharmacy experience, a plus.
- Superior level of customer service as well as understanding the department operations.
- Must be familiar with general pharmacy terminology, billing quantity, SIG codes, roman numerals, brand and generic names of medications, and IV dosage calculations/day supply.
- Highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and office skills.
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am-5:30 pm or 9:30 am-6:00 pm, plus one week on-call per rotation.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary, based upon an applicant's experience, educational background, and the interview process. Comprehensive benefits program offered for full-time employees.
About the Company:
We are an independent specialty pharmacy based in New Hyde Park, NY. Our focus is on the provisions of rare and chronic conditions such as Oncology, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis. We thoroughly service the needs of patients and physicians within the NY area, as well as in other states across the country. Our primary focus is to provide services to patients with chronic illnesses and/or patients who need essential, life-sustaining medications. We specialize in outstanding clinical customer service, knowledge, support, and maximizing drug therapy management. We deliver extensive patient and care giver education through our clinical pharmacists and specialists on staff.