Posting ID : A1068475506
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Nonprofit
Real Opportunities for Adults with Developmental Disabilities (R.O.A.D.S.) Program Instructor:
The R.O.A.D.S. Program provides life coaching skills to adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities by offering a range of activities. Using community resources, Program Instructors, along with your participants, create a calendar of events/activities/outings for each month.
We are seeking experienced leaders to work as a positive adult role model, coach and mentor with small groups of 4 R.O.A.D.S members. You should have a genuine interest in the growth, development and provision of safe nurturing environments for each member.
This position is a San Diego Regional Center funded position, which follows the established SDRC calendar year; additionally, this position is based on job performance. Must have reliable transportation to and from site.
* 2 years work experience in similar setting or Bachelor's Degree in related field.
* Ability to speak and write Standard English appropriate in a public school setting
* Must pass Live Scan and LexisNexis background screening, TB test, and pre-employment drug test
* First Aid and CPR certification is required
* Valid California Driver's License
Program Hours -- Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Please send resume to Brian Kane, Director of Strategic Initiatives, at BKane@BGCOceanside.org or complete an application in person at 401 Country Club Lane, Oceanside, CA 92054