Posting ID : A1068474463
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : General Labor
Supervisory position with the East Coast's largest regional next day delivery company. LaserShip provides final mile distribution services for large e-commerce companies. The position of Sort Supervisor overseeing the nighttime inbound package sort operation requires both experience in package sorting as well as supervisory experience.
This is a hands-on first level management position that requires that all activities of the sort team be handled with extreme time sensitivity and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop & implement procedures that optimize warehouse time and efficiencies
- Create work policies to enhance safety and time management
- Provide senior management timely operational reviews and improvements to increase efficiencies
- Ensure local and global KPI targets are being met
- Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Detail oriented with effective communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead others
- Previous warehousing/logistics experience
- Computer proficient. Above average MS Word/Excel skills
- HS diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred
Job seekers must be able to work a night time schedule and have a resume for consideration.
(Subject to change according to branch)
All positions require a criminal background check and drug screen.
Please reply to email@example.com