Posting ID : A1068472641
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : General Labor
PeopleShare is seeking a top-notch Machine operator in the Manheim/Lancaster area! 2nd shift position. 3PM-11PM
DAY TO DAY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Produces belt and belt segments by: operating punch presses and punch and assembly machines; making various adjustments to machines to meet quality criteria.
2. Inspects various types and sizes of drive belts by: operating one of two motorized inspection stations; moving belts slowly through machine to visually inspect for defects; setting up and maintaining ink jet printer.
3. Packages various types and sizes of drive belts by: setting up semi-automatic coiling machines for proper size belt and footage; feeding finished link type V belt into semi-automatic coiling machines; accurately disassembling belt at specified footage; properly labeling, stamping and identifying each finished package.
4. Maintains quality standards by: monitoring product for appearance and appropriate specifications; utilizing the appropriate product mylar as required to ensure specifications are met; utilizing calipers as required to en sure specifications are met; performing required quality checks and recording quality information on the work order; making equipment adjustments; following appropriate work instructions; reporting quality problems to engineering and supervision.
5. Willingly supports the team in all efforts towards continuous improvement.
6. Can restring the stretching equipment.
7. Supports the department by performing other tasks of equal to or lesser job grades as required.
8. Works in other departments as required.
TOP 3 TRAITS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
Meet and exceed customers' expectations
Make Quality their way of life
Being committed to continuous improvement
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
At least 1 year of Warehouse/Machine operating experience