Posting ID : A1068471474
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Education Teaching
At the moment, our program needs to hire 2 part-time high school teachers for a new student in Westchester County. Our school brings exemplary and exclusive private education into the homes of our students, so this is NOT an afterschool position. Courses to be taught: Algebra II, Sciences (Human Bio or Physics), U.S. History, American Literature. The student lives in Westchester County, so reliable transportation and punctuality are required.
Ideal candidates must have the following:
- A MINIMUM of 3 years experience teaching high school and/or college courses
- Experience working with different learning styles
-Conscientious, patient, compassionate, flexible and professional
-Strong handle on keeping pace with curriculum and comfortable with creating lesson plans, assessments, tests, and standardized test prep (SAT, ACT and/or SAT II Subject Exams)
- Available between 8:00 am-2:00 pm
- Have a personal computer with email/MS Office AND a cell phone with access to email
- Be a United States citizen with proper U.S. government documentation OR have a valid green card with permission to work in the U.S.
- Current teaching certification
-Astute with modifying and enhancing curriculum, specifically to accommodate intervention-level students and/or accelerated learners
-Can easily go back and forth between different courses with a symbiotic emphasis
-Additional experience working 1-on-1, small group classes or in homeschool constructs
-Develop and facilitate unique field trips
Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the email above. Responses without cover letters will not be considered.