Posting ID : A1068469347
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Admin Office
Important: If you would like to be considered for this position, please follow the directions at the bottom of this posting.
Administrative Assistant wanted for a busy but personalized physical therapy practice in downtown DC. We are looking for a responsible, friendly, detail-oriented person with strong organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys responsibility and is looking forward to being a key asset in helping a small business grow.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: We are a small private practice physical therapy clinic. We are located just off of Farragut square -- less than 2 blocks from Farragut West and Farragut North metro stops. We provide a friendly and supportive environment for our patients and employees.
POSITION OVERVIEW/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our company is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for the day to day running of the administrative end of a boutique physical therapy clinic. The position requires excellent attention to detail and a strong ability to multi-task. You must be able to handle a large number of tasks at any given time, while making sure nothing falls through the cracks.
The position is full time (35-40 hours/week) Monday-Friday (no weekends). During the business week you will be expected to check and respond to emails and voicemails several times during the day. (This may be done via telecommuting if there is a day when the office is not open.) You may occasionally be requested to access and respond to emails and text messages during non-office hours or over the weekend.
TASKS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Patient communication and scheduling: all scheduling and rescheduling of patients, answering phone calls and emails, answering questions regarding the practice to new patients, welcoming patients, collecting and organizing patient documentation
- Managing accounts receivable: collecting payments, creating invoices, processing credit card and check payments, making bank deposits, working proficiently in Quickbooks, Quickbooks problem solving.
- Computer tasks (on Apple computers): use of online scheduling software, quickbooks, online databases, updating website (no coding required), updating social media
- Insurance related tasks: Communicate with professional biller, maintain insurance documentation and answer questions for patients regarding insurance, contact insurance companies on patient's behalf as needed, identify when letters of medical necessity are needed and assist with creation of these letters
- General office tasks: Maintaining patient records, sending faxes, contacting physician offices as requested by therapists, ordering supplies
- Marketing: playing a key role in social medial and other outreach to the community
- Occasional personal assistance tasks for the owner.
Interpersonal skills: Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. We pride ourselves on providing warm and personalized care and attention the moment a patient walks in the door or first calls us.
Computer skills: Computer skills are necessary (experience with Macs preferred), with ability to quickly and effectively learn new software / computer applications. Will need to learn use of online scheduling software, Quickbooks, online databases, updating website.
Marketing and PR: Experience preferred.
Administrative experience: 2 years of administrative experience.
Healthcare experience: Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
Education: Some college education is preferred.
Instructions for applying to this position: Please respond with the following subject line for your email: "G: Administrative Assistant". Please attach your resume, and put the following in the body of your email in list form:
1. Your favorite color
2. Your best asset
3. Why you think you would be a good fit for this position
4. What length of time you are looking to stay at your next job (how many months/years)
5. Your favorite color