Posting ID : A1068467986
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Nonprofit
Looking for a dedicated woman who would love serving in a women's homeless shelter!
Women & Children's Center Weekend Guest Services Supervisor - (Eugene Mission)
(Part-time - Saturdays and Sundays - 2 shifts available)
The Eugene Mission is a Christian non-profit ministry organization that has provided help for the homeless of the Eugene/Springfield area since 1956. We provide food, shelter, and social services to men, women, and children. We are seeking to fill a part-time Guest Services Supervisor position to cover weekend shifts and to fill in as available on other days if needed.
Job Summary: Provide weekend overnight and relief supervision of guests in either the Women's Center or the Mothers and Children's Wing of the Women & Children's Center. The Women's Center Wing shelters 65 single women; the Mothers & Children's Wing shelters up to 18 mothers and children. Day shift/evening shift positions usually have two staff members in the building. When covering the overnight shift, the Guest Services Supervisor is the sole staff member in the building, with support staff available from adjacent buildings.
* manage busy front desk and assist guests as needed
* maintain building security of building performing periodic walkabouts
* provide crisis assessment and intervention following Eugene Mission protocol
* conduct intake interviews with potential guests and assess for admission or referral
* ensure all house rules, chores and schedules are followed by guests
* clerical duties including data entry and general log entries
* light housekeeping, laundry, and some food preparation
* respond to the variety of needs of 24/7 communal living environments
* show respect, kindness, love and patience to Mission guests
* The Weekend Guest Services Supervisor - reports to the Women and Children's Center Manager.
* Mature believer in Jesus Christ
* Compassion, empathy, and patience with women from a variety of backgrounds, and with issues such as mental illness, criminal backgrounds, and addiction
* Maturity in making judgment calls and ability to respond to and manage crisis and emergency situations
* Demonstrate humility, honesty, and integrity
* Independent worker, who is also a team-oriented individual
* Possesses organizational, administrative, and good interpersonal skills
* Computer literate, with experience in MS Office; especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
*Ability to get along well with diverse group of people
* Physical requirements: sit at desk for extended periods of time; able to lift 25lbs. on occasion
Current Shift Openings:
Saturday & Sunday - 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (16 hours per week) - Mothers & Children's Center
Saturday & Sunday - 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (12 hours per week) - Women's Center
Other shifts occasionally available on RELIEF/ON-CALL basis for person hired.
Start Date: Immediately or within 2-4 weeks.
Note: The Eugene Mission is an Equal Opportunity employer, however, as stated on our employment application and pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Eugene Mission, as a religious organization, has the right to hire only candidates who agree with the Eugene Mission's Statement of Faith.
Interested candidates should submit a RESUME and COVER LETTER to reply address. No phone calls please.