Posting ID : A1068467656
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
James Beard award winning Chef Michael Schwartz's elegant American dining room, The Cypress Room, is looking for experienced line cooks...
We are looking for dependable, energetic, reliable, passionate and professional staff members with great attitudes and personalities to join our team. If you are committed to delivering an exceptional dining experience and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, then you should apply in person for the line cook position.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing and running production lines
- Actively cooking/prepping where needed, following the restaurant's standards, portion sizes, and plate presentations
- Preparing a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for
cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Closing the kitchen properly and following the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds and be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must have sense of urgency, ability to react well under pressure, and must treat others with respect
*And most importantly, must be passionate about cooking as a career, not just a paycheck!
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com to apply, or fill out an application in person Monday through Friday at 3:30pm.
The Cypress Room
3620 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33137