Posting ID : A1068467579
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Web Html Info Design
Director of Information Systems
Plans, directs and manages the IS Department in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective business systems to meet current and future decision making needs. As a manager, the incumbent provides company-wide direction in areas of policy and planning for the various business and clinical systems of the agency (EMR, GL, HRIS, Data Warehousing). Works in tandem with IT Director, and under the direction of the VP of Administrative Services, in order to ensure the information and system needs of BHN are met.
1. Provides information processing, systems counseling and guidance to both leadership and management personnel throughout the company.
2. Plans and controls departmental staffing, development, organization, software and system acquisitions, and facilities to ensure that they are consistent with the business plan of the company.
3. Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management and company's information needs.
4. Establishes IS policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources.
5. Administers the Department's expense budget, within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation of the company.
6. Selects, develops, and motivates qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions and provide for the continuity of managerial and specialized skills.
7. Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the company.
8. Develops programs and hardware systems along with staff to ensure cost-effective and current information system.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Interpersonal skills are required to deal with the personnel situations arising in the IS staff. The ability to motivate personnel, (both in-house and contractors) calls for a high degree of human relations skills. Ability to successfully interact with members of IT staff, Fiscal, Billing and other Administrative staff.
Management skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position.
A comprehensive knowledge of general direction of the data processing industry and technology (evolving products, services, etc.) is required in this position, along with a thorough understanding of the technical details.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
The knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired in 10 plus years of experience in managing one or more information processing functions (operations, development, etc.) and/or through advanced training. Technical or on-the-job training in programming and hardware installation and maintenance is also required for the Director to work along with the staff in the effective development of the information systems.
Frequent reading of periodicals and other literature on the state-of-the-art and data processing as well as attendance at vendor-sponsored and other seminars is required in order to maintain the level of familiarity with the subject matter required to fill this position. Advanced training through technical institutions and/or colleges is also necessary to maintain skills to develop the systems necessary for the company's success.
If you are interested in this opportunity please visit www.bhninc.org and click on "Job Opportunities" and look for "IS Director" to apply.