Posting ID : A1068465854
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Internet Engineering
Are you a developer looking to join an exciting startup? We are a sports technology startup seeking a part-time developer to join our team, and our compensation is at a competitive hourly rate. You would be working with a small development team, and developing new features for our web-based app WinSmart - a data visualization dashboard for soccer franchises. We are growing our customer base, and seek a developer who can work with our team in a fast paced environment. We are based out of San Diego and LA but the developer could work remotely. Preference to local candidates who we can meet with periodically.
About SporTech BI (www.sportechbi.com)
SporTech BI provides business intelligence tools for sport franchise front offices. We have developed a suite of applications for sports teams, including data visualization dashboards, a player-to-team matching tool based on algorithms, and a predictive analytics application. We're a small, high-functioning company looking for a software developer with Python experience to iterate new features of our web-based apps.
About the Position
You'll be driving key aspects that make a startup a success: releasing new features and iterating on our web-based business intelligence applications. If you like working closely at a high-speed with a small team, you are passionate about your work, and take accountability for your commitments -- then we want to hear from you. This position has the potential to grow from part-time developer into a full time leadership role within our company. We are looking for a true working comrade who is passionate about sports, the business of sports, and developing cutting edge tools for sports teams. Our company culture revolves around helping sports franchises succeed and we're looking for someone who shares these values.
Must Have Skills:
- Full-Stack Developer
- Python w/ Experience using Django web framework
- HTML/HTML5, CSS
- Python/Jython interface
- Experience Interfacing w/ PostgreSQL
- Hands-on experience developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications (web/mobile)
- Custom web based application development experience (startup experience is a bonus)
- Very Familiar with GitHub
- App Deployment using Heroku
- Great communication skills
- Must have ability to function independently and utilize collaboration/project management tools
- D3.js library
- Proficiency administering large databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop/Hive/Pig)
- Web services/API experiences is a bonus
- Experience leading software development team
- Familiarity with soccer, hockey and football
- Integration of R, SAS analytics scripts/APIs
- ggplot or Bokeh.js
Currently, this individual will work remotely. Company founders are based out of LA and San Diego.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Join a highly productive company at an early stage
- Start part-time (20-25 hours a week)
Interested? Email us with your resume, a brief statement of interest, and point us to some of your code on GitHub.