Posting ID : A1068464898
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : General Labor
Terraces at Northridge is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. This position is responsible for performing maintenance and repair activities on an assortment of systems, including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, and carpentry, as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent and/or Property Manager.
1. Perform basic electrical repairs on appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, and circuits
2. Perform basic plumbing repairs, such as clearing stoppages in drains, replacing fittings and hot water tanks, repairing leaks, repairing or replacing disposals and running supply lines.
3. Perform basic carpentry work, such as fitting doors, replacing and building shelves, and repairing broken glass and screens, and patching holes in drywall.
4. Perform maintenance and repair on air-conditioning equipment, such as replacing filters, repairing fans, repairing leaks, and charging units as required.
5. Perform maintenance and repairs to concrete, masonry, and fencing as necessary.
6. Assist in the refurbishing of apartments prior to resident occupancy, including repairs to walls and ceiling, woodwork, fixtures, appliances and carpet cleaning.
7. Maintain the cleanliness of the workshop, to ensure safe and efficient working conditions.
8. Clean and maintain equipment, ensuring that all tools are in good working order. Assist in the removal of snow.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required.