Posting ID : A1068460459
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Education Teaching
We are opening a home based preschool geared toward ages 2-4 years old. Due to the lack of available schools within the area, we are starting our own school. We currently have one teacher that will take the morning sessions but we need to look for a teacher for our afternoon sessions which would be from 2pm-6pm.
We have a very unique property here in North Park with a large yard with chickens, rabbits, dogs and cats. We have an extensive organic garden, fruit trees and a new 2500 sqft home built in 2014. My passion is cooking, gardening and I currently working on my yoga certification to teach to the children as part of their daily curriculm.
We are looking for a canidate that will develop the curriculm, work with the other staff as a team so we have a consistent education plan and teach the afternoon sessions. Although we are not a special needs school, my son is Autistic and the programs he has at his school work really well with other main stream children. Experience in this area is a plus.
Our current teacher is committed to us for the next 6 months, but after that this part time position may increase to a full time position if she shoudl decide to relocate.
* A minimum of 2 years experience working with 2 - 4 year olds
* Must have at least 12 units in ECE or CD units in core course work: child/human dev, program/curriculum and child family and community. A BS in chldhood education preferred.
* Favorable pre-employment TB test and health screening
* Favorable pre-employment DOJ/FBI fingerprinting clearance and child abuse index processing
* Current CPR and First aid certificate must be provided within 30 days of employment
* Must have full capability of developing a daily detailed curriculm and experience implementing the lessons.
We pay a base salary of $10-$12/hr plus an aggressive commission based on enrollment.
Interested canidates please email resume and an example of a daily curriculm. We are projected to open in October 2015.
Thank you for your interest!