Posting ID : A1068458589
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Nonprofit
Job Title: Visitor Center Assistant
Reports to:Visitor Center Manager
Works with:Office Manager
Supervises: Visitor Services Volunteers
Job Category:Part-time, seasonal. Not eligible for benefits.
Schedule:20-25 hours a week, May to early November, MOST weekends, some weekdays, and evenings for special events
The Visitor Center Assistant will conduct admissions and retails sales on weekends and other days, and serve as first contact for visitors and other guests.
* Greets and welcomes guests and provides information including pricing, schedules, and activities.
* Completes ticket sales and membership purchases.
* Maintains records of visitation.
* Supervises cashiering and receipting of merchandise by cash and charge transactions; maintains sales records and makes daily reports.
* Stocks merchandise as needed
* Stocks brochure racks in VC and Exhibit Room
* Works with custodian to ensure cleanliness of VC and Exhibit Room
* Sweeps and dusts as necessary
* Serves as receptionist for incoming calls to The Arboretum. Provides information to potential visitors including directions, schedules, special events, classes, admission prices, seasonal plant displays, etc.
* Directs calls to other staff as needed.
* Serves as an initial point of contact for on-site visitors, vendors, volunteers, etc. doing business with staff.
* Supervises the work of assigned volunteers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent customer service skills a must. One year retail cash handling experience preferred. Must be able to work independently and as a team member, handling multiple and changing priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of computer-based retail systems.
* Ability to provide polite, courteous, and pleasant interactions with all visitors
Email cover letter, resume, and two references:
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. The Arboretum at Flagstaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more details about The Arboretum, visit www.thearb.org.