Posting ID : A1068456926
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Systems Networking
IT Support Specialist (Chicago)
compensation: $35,000 - $45,000 (based on experience and certifications) + Health/Medical Benefits.
Class Computing in Chicago is a growing systems integrator and managed service provider focused on the SMB market. We pride ourselves on superior delivery of service, professional solutions and friendly service.
Class Computing is actively seeking a qualified Level 1-2 IT Support Specialist to join our team of seasoned professionals on a full-time basis. Our environment requires candidates that are highly motivated to perform, self-disciplined to manage workloads, and client focused with ability to integrate into our client environments and show immediate value.
The IT Support Specialist primary role is to provide client support, solving first and second level technical issues pertaining to desktop/server infrastructure, network infrastructure, security and applications. YOU MUST DEMONSTATE YOUR ABILITY TO TROUBLESHOOT AND SOLVE ISSUES. Other various related issues must be accomplished promptly as well, all matching or exceeding the customer service expectations Class Computing has of its employees.
- Previous experience in a level 1/2 IT role a plus
- a working knowledge of all versions of Microsoft operating systems, Server versions are a plus.
- knowledge of virtualization technologies -- a plus
- MUST be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems including the ability to complete Spyware, Malware, and Virus removal
- experience with low voltage wiring a plus
- Experience rebuilding workstations
- Must be able to manage a wide variety of vendors and work with technical support
Personal Skills Needed:
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required
- Time management and problem solving skills are essential
- Great attitude and ability to follow processes
- Extreme attention to detail and documentation
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- capable of successfully achieving support goals while unsupervised
- Must be a great team player
Duties and Responsibilities:
- End user support and training
- Responds to Help Desk tickets, telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support.
- Provides on-site and remote technical assistance to end users beyond regular business hours during an emergency or in support of special business projects and initiatives
- Set-up/management of all Windows infrastructure
- Troubleshooting of all systems-related issues
- Installing and configuring PCs and peripheral devices
All candidates must also:
- Have reliable transportation & cell phone
- Have a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check.
-Travel to client site possible up to 50% a week.
Pay Range: $35,000 - $45,000 (based on experience and certifications) + Health/Medical Benefits.
Expenses: Reimbursable: $0.50/mile to and from client site