Posting ID : A1068456743
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Education Teaching
Bilingual Elementary Teacher & Bilingual Preschool Teacher
Atlanta Trilingual Academy is an innovative school offering students challenging academics and fluency in two foreign languages: Spanish and Mandarin.
We are currently hiring for two separate positions: a Superstar Elementary Teacher and a Superstar Preschool Teacher, who can operate and manage all aspects of the classroom. Directly accountable for each student, incorporating active and engaging lessons into the daily routine; delivering exemplary customer service to parents; and ensuring compliance to all rules and regulations for the safety of every child. Must be able to teach in both Spanish and English OR Mandarin and English. Elementary teacher will be required to teach multiple subjects including English Language Arts, Spanish OR Mandarin Language Arts, Reading, Science, History and Math.
Job Responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
-Must be FLUENT in Spanish OR Mandarin and comfortable teaching in the language using gestures and signals to help the students understand.
-Consistently executes lesson plans that ensure the academic advancement of all students
- Attend Open House events, parent conferences and other cultural events held by the school
- Attend orientation, staff meetings and training as scheduled by Administration
- Manage classroom and time effectively, using a variety of engaging teaching methods (songs, games, learning activities, etc)
- Maintain a clean and sanitary classroom environment
- Partners with Administration to create and implement the best learning environment for all students.
- Remains current and knowledgeable about BFTS Rules and Regulations as well as any other licensing or accrediting agency that we are approved for.
- Assist classes or fill-in as needed in other classrooms.
- Welcome students, parents and visitors when they enter your classroom
- Maintain open communication with staff, parents and students
- Be able to plan effective lessons in advance
- Follow procedures for Fire and other safety drills and maintain a log
- Participate in activities including Open Houses, Parent Conferences, PTO meetings, and other ATA Special Events
- Talented, passionate and dedicated
- MUST BE FULLY BILINGUAL: Spanish and English OR Mandarin and English
- Team-player with strong communication skills
- Loving, caring, dependable and responsible
- Experience managing the daily responsibilities of having own class
- Exceptional behavior management skills
- Certified in CPR and First Aid (required to obtain within first 3 months)
- Must have clean criminal background check
- CDA or Bachelor's Degree (in progress ok)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong classroom management skills
- Computer skills-must be computer literate at a general business-level
- Ability to sustain a high level of energy
- Ability to excel in a continuously changing environment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Must work well with others as this is a team environment
- Must commit to at least 1 year of employment with Atlanta Trilingual Academy
- Immersion teaching experience
- Knowledge of Direct Instruction
- Montessori experience or training
- Able to teach music, art or P.E.
Compensation: Pay is based on experience, education and performance. Please email your resume and salary requirements.