Posting ID : A1068456546
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Nonprofit
Status: Full-time, exempt; 40+ hrs.
The hours will be primarily day time hours with the ability to flex schedule. This position will have 12 hours of direct care to be completed 9am to 3pm (2 days per week). Days are TBD.
Shared Living: Perform a variety of duties to assist participants with developmental disabilities by providing the necessary support to enable them to live independently in the community.
Respite: Responsible for providing respite support and assistance to individuals in pre-crisis/crisis need.
Responsible for supervising, maintaining, and monitoring the daily activities of residents and staff in local community in assigned program; in compliance with the Federal, State and Association's policies and regulations.
Essential Position Functions
1. Maintain and monitor environment and monitor daily living skills. Ensure physical and mental well-being, safety, development and quality of care for residents in compliance with all Association, Federal and State policies, procedures and regulations.
2. Review and check files, notes, records, reports, logs, medication records and other documentation for accuracy, completeness and use of proper procedures.
3. Prepare and maintain various reports such as; progress reports, update records. Collect and deliver required reports, records and documentation to appropriate administration department in a timely manner. Collect and deliver room and board fee.
4. Supervise assigned staff. Explain and enforce Association's policies, procedures and regulations. Train and develop staff. Develop schedules and assign work. With supervisor, plan and evaluate staff performance. Provide for all other routine employee related matters within the limits of established Association and program policy. Confer with supervisor on non-routine personnel or other related matters affecting staff.
5. Review with supervisor per prescribed routine staffing case loads, clinical procedures, client procedures, client activities and well-being and various other activities.
6. Respond promptly to any and all medical and psychiatric emergencies. Notify supervisor promptly within specified time limit.
7. Attend various meetings such as; supervisory, staff, ISP and others. Meet with psychiatrist to discuss resident treatment plans.
8. Coordinate, schedule and attend medical and dental appointments with residents. Coordinate shopping for resident's needs.
9. Assist and participate in related community life-provider programs in a liaison capacity
10. Develop with staff and resident, program specific treatment plan and/or service agreement plans.
11. Attend various workshops and training programs.
12. Participate in "cluster" management program; supervising as indicated direct care staff in programs.
13. Perform other similar or related duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned by supervisor.
College degree strongly preferred and 2 years' experience in related field necessary.
Experience working with people with developmental disabilities required.
Previous supervisor experience preferred.
Strong verbal, written and organizational skills required.
Valid driver's license, good driving record and reliable vehicle required.
Preferred candidates will have excellent judgment, take initiative, be good at problem-solving, and be passionate about supporting people with developmental disabilities to be engaged community members.
Must consistently display respect, integrity and compassion.
Please visit our website at www.mhainc.org to apply online and to learn about the benefits MHA has to offer.