Posting ID : A1068456482
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : General Labor
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for accurate shipping and receiving, maintaining an orderly and clean warehouse, processing returns and custom soldering. Kitting, labeling and other value-added assembly steps are required. Teamwork and supporting others is important. Accurate use of warehousing and shipping functions of our computer system is critical.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick, stage, pack and ship customer orders.
- Recognize if orders are missing items or contain incompatible parts.
- Unload incoming freight; replenish inventory as needed.
- Receive, test and document customer returns using set procedures.
- Assemble custom cut/soldered units as needed utilizing build sheets.
- Ensure all products are stocked, labeled and placed correctly (includes rotating stock).
- Keep warehouse tidy to ensure clean floors, clean stock, and trash cans emptied.
- Perform spot and cycle checks of inventory levels as requested.
- Maintain security: keep doors closed and locked when not in warehouse.
- Practice safe conduct, including operation of electrical devices, cutting equipment, pallet jacks, forklifts, and other material handling equipment.
- Consult order aging report to ensure all orders that can ship do ship promptly.
- Inspect and verify shipments delivered to us are correct without damage and document any problems.
- Notice and notify of patent problems with packaging or products.
- Sample test strips to check color and consistency.
- Detailed counting of contents at the Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) level.
- Help maintain accuracy of