Posting ID : A1068455573
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Childcare
We are a family with three little ones (2.5 y/o daughter, twin 20 m/o boys), recently relocated to Cherry Creek. We're looking for someone part time (20-30 hours/week, possibly more if you prefer). We will pay market/competitive rates for someone dependable and caring who will really engage with the children and be part of the family.
When the three children are at home, we plan for two nannies (so you can give thoughtful care and not just chase kids). When the oldest is at school (half days), we plan for one caregiver for two boys. We also need occasional help with household chores and errands, but being a great caregiver is primary. We're friendly to students and others who need flexible part-time schedules. You can trade shifts with other "team members."
We are strong believers in Montessori and Positive Discipline. If you're familiar with these already, great. If not, that's OK, you just need to be smart, intellectually curious, and eager to learn.
The ideal candidate will be:
* Intellectually curious - Do you care enough to do research (books, online, etc.) on activities, games, teaching methods, etc. so you can be a better caregiver?
* Love children - you love playing with and teaching children
* A self-starter - When something needs to be done, you just do it; you don't ask for permission or wait to be told.
* Dependable - You're not on time; you're usually a little early.
* Attentive to detail.
We will provide car/gas for taking children to outside activities and we hope you will do this often (but you need your own transportation to/from our home).
In return, you get:
* Smart, lovable children who you can shape and grow in their most formative years (Yeah, we're biased, but our kids will win you over).
* A family who will appreciate your effort and treat you as a real part of the family. Our previous nannies in California are in our family portraits and we still arrange get-togethers even though we're not working together any longer.
* Flexible schedule (thanks to "team" approach) and fair market compensation.
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply. Please include a brief story about something you're proud of.
P.S. Our family also includes a dog.