Posting ID : A1068454736
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Healthcare
Schweiger Dermatology Group is a growing, comprehensive dermatology practice with multiple locations throughout New York and New Jersey. Schweiger Dermatology Group offers a competitive benefits package, for those who qualify, as well as opportunities for growth and a spectacular learning experience.
Experience using EMR software and patient scheduling systems preferred.
Must be computer savvy and familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Excellent patient relation and customer services skills.
Must be professional, reliable and dedicated employee.
Prefer prior experience working in a dermatology / medical environment
Medical Assistant Certified strongly encouraged.
Open availability to work during weekdays Tuesday - Friday possible occasionally on weekends .
MEDICAL SCRIBE EXPERIENCE PREFERRED!!!!!!!
1. Promote a professional and welcoming atmosphere that enhances the quality of service and care offered to patients and for respective provider.
2. Have a thorough working knowledge of all standard operating protocol and policies that pertain to the clinical department.
3. Have thorough knowledge of all clinical treatments in order to appropriately care for the patient's needs. Proficient in pre-care and post-care treatment instructions. Fully understands provider to patient flow and anticipates provider's next steps to the best of their ability.
4. Check all equipment at the beginning of each shift and maintain all treatment rooms which should be kept. Daily scan all retail and cosmetic products and medical supplies and alert Head MA and/or GM of any low level supplies.
5. Perform inventory responsibilities and stocking of supplies and equipment as requested.
6. Attend all in-house training and continued education opportunities.
7. Assist the physician in medical, cosmetic and laser procedures. Preps exam rooms for all procedures and properly cleans exam rooms after every visit.
8. Properly assists provider in recording prescribed treatments, medications, biopsies, cultures, photos, prescriptions, prior authorization and procedures within established guidelines.
9. Able to take payments and cross trains to assist in covering the front desk during emergencies
10. Working knowledge and application of HIPAA & OSHA compliance.