Posting ID : A1068453737
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Customer Service
Culligan is currently seeking individuals experienced in customer-focused positions to act as customer service representatives. The customer service representative works directly with customers to fulfill orders, resolve problems, and attend to related needs. The goal of this position is to supply a superior level of service that exceeds the customers' expectations.
Job Responsibilities for the Customer Service Representative:
- Extensive problem-solving, order processing, and performing standard maintenance of current customer accounts.
- Following company protocols, policies, and goals while acting on opportunities to optimize the efficiency of the department.
- Providing proactive sales support to assign customer accounts by developing close relationships with the customer base and inside sales teams.
- Answer customer inquiries on the telephone.
- Schedule service and delivery orders. Coordinate schedules with the service/operations manager.
- Bill service, delivery, and new installation orders.
- Apply customer payments.
- Complete internal reporting as required.
- Make outbound calls to current customers with the intent of scheduling additional services or offering maintenance plans.
- Make outbound collection calls.
- Take care of over-the-counter customer orders.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Solicit sales of new or additional services or products.
- All other duties as assigned by the Office Manager
Minimum Qualifications for the Customer Service Representative:
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Medium Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge
- Customer service experience preferably in a sales/marketing environment
- Data-entry experience
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office
- Must be fluent with Windows operating system and basic M.S. Excel and M.S. Word
- Must have the ability to learn a proprietary customer service program
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written).
- Proper phone etiquette
Compensation & Benefits:
Employees of Culligan receive a competitive benefits package and exclusive privileges, including:
Culligan has over 70 years of experience in the design and distribution of water treatment systems for residential, commercial and industrial applications. We received the Good Housekeeping Seal and Consumer Digest "Best Buy" rating, plus the famous iconic "Hey Culligan Man" tagline. Culligan leads the industry in service, support and product innovation since introducing the first water softener in 1936 with over 800 dealers worldwide and offices in over 90 countries.
The company is strong, profitable, and well-positioned in the market with focus on strategic growth initiatives. The business is expanding in previously under-serviced segments, growing revenue both domestically and abroad, and generating higher-levels of profitability.
Customer Service: 2 years