Posting ID : A1068453383
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Healthcare
Under supervision, cleans, polishes, and sanitizes gathering and public spaces including lobbies, halls, stairwells, activities rooms, dining rooms, elevators, etc. to present the community in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests. Cleans residents' apartments on a weekly basis or as needed. In addition, interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions as requested.
1. Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Properly sets up appropriate caution and safety signs to ensure safety of residents and visitors and ensures their removal as appropriate. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
2. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions. Handles hazardous cleaning supplies according to proper procedures and ensures accurate labeling.
3. Cleans public restrooms including washing, sanitizing, and/or polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures that water marks are removed from fixtures.
4. Visits assigned residences to perform basic apartment cleaning of bathroom fixtures and floors. Wipes surfaces in kitchen and ensures that appliances are clean. Vacuums and feather dusts surfaces in apartment. Avoids disturbing residents' belongings and respects privacy. Removes linens from bed and returns to resident for cleaning. Makes beds with clean linens according to resident's preferences. Logs cleaning activities as required by procedures.
5. Interacts with residents in a friendly manner, providing meaningful attention. Communicates concerns with resident's health to management as appropriate.
6. Attends and participates in in-service educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
7. Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required. Prior experience in cleaning or housekeeping preferred.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to respect the privacy of residents and to refrain from discussing their personnel situations and problems with other residents, particularly as it may relate to their health. Must be willing to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to complete cleaning tasks in a timely, effective and efficient manner.