Posting ID : A1068451677
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Customer Service
MISSION: Conducts outreach to ensure appropriate Veteran referrals to HVRP
1. Establish and maintain relationships with veteran service agencies and community partners where veterans can learn about and be referred for HVRP services.
2. Develop and maintain record of community agency and partner contacts on behalf of Easter Seals Oregon and the HVRP.
3. Construct an outreach schedule for Marion and Polk Counties. Record outcomes (referrals and enrollments) by partner agencies and outreach locations. Update the schedule monthly and more frequently as appropriate.
4. Represent Easter Seals Oregon and the HVRP at community meetings and/or events as requested.
5. Develop and maintain awareness/marketing strategies to inform the public of HVRP services available and to engage each community in support of the program while building a referral network.
6. Assist with case management, employer/job development and workshop preparation and delivery as requested.
7. Function as an integral part of an innovative team keeping the homeless veteran customer in the forefront of service delivery.
8. Complete other assignments as requested by the HVRP Director & Program Manager.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelors' degree in rehabilitation, social work, education, human resources or related field or equivalent with 2 years experience working with veterans and/or people with disabilities
2. Military experience and knowledge of veterans' entitlements and employer benefits
3. Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with veterans with service connected disabilities
4. Availability to work a non-traditional schedule if needed (possible holidays, evenings and weekends on occasion)
5. A professional appearance
6. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
7. Strong information technology skills
8. Ability to work with individuals of varying incomes, skills levels, experiences and cultures
9. Ability to speak and write clearly