Posting ID : A1068448482
Date Posted : 2015-08-18
Category : Customer Service
AVIATION INDUSTRY NOW HIRING!
** Passenger Service Agents **
Part Time Shifts Available ~ Bi-Lingual Talent NEEDED ~ English and Japanese or Mandarin speakers highly preferred!
Worldwide Flight Services, Inc. is an international ground handling company providing Passenger, Ramp and Cargo handling services to airlines around the world. Currently, our HNL International Airport location has openings for talented Passenger Service Agents.
MUST be able to lift 70 pounds and work day/night/weekends/holidays
MUST pass a medical & drug screening, and a 10 year criminal history check, and pre-employment history verification will be necessary. All gaps in employment must be verified. Please provide employer names, addresses, and phone numbers for previous work history verification (if applicable).
An Agent Passenger Service performs all aspects of airport and passenger service functions including:
- making reservations, preparation and issuance of tickets and itineraries,
- computation of fares, issuance of refunds, checking baggage, collection of excess baggage charges,
- providing passengers with general travel information; meets aircraft at gate or loading area,
- performs duties in the departure lounges or at boarding gates when enplaning and deplaning passengers,
- checks passenger ticket for validity and lifts appropriate coupon,
- completes all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers holding reservations, standbys and their luggage,
- determines flight close-out time and prepares, completes and checks various flight forms for accuracy,
- validates tickets and completes post-departure procedures;
- performs lost and found activities, initiates tracing procedures for lost passenger articles, keeps owner informed of progress of search and returns found articles to customer, processes claims for damaged or lost baggage and personal articles and makes on-the-spot settlement of minor claims,
- forwards reports on larger claims to proper Company personnel, prepares and maintains required records and reports of lost and found activities;
- receives airfreight shipments, establishes acceptability, determines routing, classifies, computes rates and other tariff charges and collects payments,
- prepares routing data, carrier releases, transfer manifest drayage documents and various domestic and international forms, maintains inventory and records of shipments accepted, warehoused, dispatched and delivered to customers;
- other duties and functions related to the foregoing as directed by management.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Computer experience necessary. Demonstrates qualities of leadership, initiative, and judgment. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Must have ability to work under pressure. Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds (31.9kg). Ability to work weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday, Sunday), holidays, and days off. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bilingual skills necessary dependent upon customer contract.
-Medical and Dental coverage offered to all employees
-Company paid Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
-Company paid parking or subsidized bus pass
If interested, please submit resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Fax: 808 839-6587