Posting ID : A1068347456
Date Posted : 2015-08-17
Category : Retail Wholesale
Assistant Manager Opportunity in Glendale, WI!
Pier 1 Imports, the leading home furnishings specialty retailer, is searching for a fun, energetic, full-time Assistant Manager to be a part of a fast paced team for our Glendale, WI store. Pier 1 Imports offers flexible work schedules, competitive pay and an associate discount that starts immediately!
The primary responsibility for an Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in all activities which include maximizing sales, customer service, and profits. In addition, this position is responsible for successful implementation of support and administrative functions.
If you like working with people, are energetic and can work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends), please follow the instructions below to complete an online job application and take our pre-employment assessment. You must complete the application and the assessment to be considered for the position.
1. Go to www.Pier1.com/Careers, select Stores and the Apply Now button
2. Select an option from the Location drop down menu. The location for this position is:
WI,Glendale,6010 North Port Wash Rd,#0249
3. Select an option from the Position drop down menu by selecting the role that you are interested in applying for: Sales Associate, Sales Leader, Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager.
You will then be prompted to complete the online application and assessment. This will take you approximately one hour to complete both.
General Assessment Tips:
* Schedule and plan for adequate time (approximately 60 minutes) to complete the employment application and to take the assessment.
* Ensure your environment allows you to concentrate.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties while completing the application or taking the assessment, please contact SHL Technical Support at 1-800-899-7451. We will reach out to you if we decide to move forward in our interviewing process.
* Flexible work schedule (including nights and weekends)
* Strong communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in related disciplines such as business, retail management, marketing, merchandising or equivalent plus one year of retail management experience OR some college and a minimum of two years Pier 1 or other retail management experience OR two to four years of Pier 1 or other retail management experience