Posting ID : A1068329998
Date Posted : 2015-08-17
Category : Education Teaching
The Grant Academy is a private school in Woodstock, GA for students with learning differences. We have students grades 1-5. We are looking for the following positions:
Full Time Special Education Reading/ Language Arts Teacher
Requirements: Certification in special education and experience in the field. Orton-Gillingham and/or Wilson Reading experience is a plus. We offer competitive salaries and insurance.
1) Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on students. Keep data on students progress.
2) Confer with parents, and professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social development.
3) Maintain communication with parents about students' progress.
4) Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
5) Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
6) Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities. Lessons should be differentiated. Activities should be individualized based on academic levels, social levels, and learning styles.
7) Instruct using a whole brain approach, which includes kinesthetic, auditory, and visual activities to promote learning.
8) Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
9) Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
10) Teach personal development skills such as goal setting, independence, and self-advocacy.
11) Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
12) Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of handicapping conditions.
13) Incorporate technology to enhance learning.
14) Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
15) Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health..
16) Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
17) Maintain gradebooks and take attendance on the online system..
18) Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
19) Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
20) Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
21) Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
22) Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
Occupational Therapist- Part Time
Looking for a person to come to the school and provide OT approximately 3 hours a week. Must be a licensed therapist and have experience in the field. The OT is responsible for designing lessons that are geared to the needs of the students. They are to have OT goals for the students and collect data on their progress. The person is to become part of our team and work to help all students achieve success academically and socially. They will work with our teachers to help incorporate occupational therapy strategies into the classes.
Looking for a person to come in to the school and provide approximately 3 hours a week of speech therapy. Must be a licensed therapist and have experience in the field. The speech therapist is responsible for designing lessons that are geared to the speech needs of the students. They are to have speech goals for the students and collect data on their progress. The person is to become part of our team and work to help all students achieve success academically and socially. They will work with our teachers to help incorporate speech strategies into the classes.