Posting ID : B1068297345
Date Posted : 2015-08-17
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
Spectra Food Services, LP, an affiliate of Comcast-Spectacor, is a fast-growing industry leader, providing contract food service to public venues throughout the US and Canada. Since our inception in 1997, annual sales have consistently increased and we now exceed $250,000,000 and growing! Our Sports & Entertainment facilities include arenas, stadiums, baseball parks, convention centers, fairgrounds, zoos, racetracks, amphitheaters, exhibition and convention centers. Venues range from small, historic minor league ballparks to well-known major football stadiums like the EverBank Field, home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars. Spectra also has a very successful Casino and Hotel Division which provides exceptional food and beverage service in a growing number of Native American Venues in the Southwest, Northwest and Midwest Regions.
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Restaurant Manager at Countryville Bar and Grill at Oneida's Mason Street Casino.
The Restaurant Manager provides management to all levels of the business operation. The Restaurant Manager will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Restaurant Manager will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for:
- All aspects of the effective management of the business operations within a casino environment.
- Ensuring total compliance with all alcohol service policies, if applicable. Monitors alcohol service throughout operating hours to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Effectively and compliantly addresses any alcohol service or compliance issues immediately.
- Completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice, including independently initiating and authorizing any employment action deemed necessary.
- Supervising employees on the proper instructions on food handling, cash handling and work safety rules.
- Providing on-going direction, supervision and mentoring to hourly staff. Monitor product quality and ensure high level of guest service.
- Troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Supervising the opening, closing and balancing of any and all accounting practices, as necessary.
- Generating employee schedules and verifying employee time for restaurant.
- The on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees, as directed by department managers; responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- A hands-on approach to cook times, quality and execution.
- Protecting branded concepts through audits and compliance processes.
- Communicating clearly and directly with employees concerning manifest specifications, policies and procedures including alcohol-dispensing regulations.
- Ensuring that all equipment in assigned location is working properly.
- Ensuring that cooks are keeping up with demand for product and they achieve recipe/quality standards.
- Customer satisfaction through interaction including but not limited to: greeting guests, tableside visits, consistence supervision and inspection of all dining rooms, lounges, kitchens, and storage rooms through the day.
The ideal candidate MUST have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years management experience in restaurant experience.
- Experience working in a supervisory capacity in a fast-paced fast food environment preferred.
- All employees must obtain a valid gaming license from the Tribal Gaming Office prior to beginning work.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate and alcohol service permit if required by state and federal regulations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, excel, Microsoft word and PowerPoint.
Qualified candidates should apply online by clicking on the "Apply" button
No recruiter or staffing sales calls, applicant calls or walk-ins please
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.