Posting ID : A1068297278
Date Posted : 2015-08-17
Category : Education Teaching
NEW Scholars, a college readiness program of Scholarships, Inc., is looking to add a part time, dynamic, Assistant Coach. Reporting to the Program Director, the Assistant Coach provides support to the Lead Coach during all NEW Scholars academic enrichment lessons. This person will work closely with the Lead Coach to prepare lesson plans, provide interaction with and supervision of students, and ensure safety, security and care of students.
This is a part-time position averaging between 5--15 hours per week. Candidates must be available to instruct one afternoon per week and one Saturday morning per month during the school year.
The ideal candidate will have
* An associate or bachelor degree (earned or pursuing).
* Documented, relevant experience working with middle and high school youth.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with students and program staff.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and work with linguistically and ethnically diverse student populations.
* Knowledge of issues related to post-secondary access including target populations, community agencies, colleges and university entrance requirements.
* Conversational Spanish skills (preferred).
Submit resume, cover letter and 3 excellent references to:
Jenny Tice, Interim Executive Director
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Submissions will be accepted until August 31, 2015