Posting ID : B1068247330
Date Posted : 2015-08-17
Category : Rooms Shares
Hi thanks for checking out my ad. My current roommate is leaving and the room will be available mid-September. Summary: private room (furnished or unfurnished) & private bathroom upstairs in my house for rent. $550/mo + $250 deposit. Dogs and cats in the house, no smoking. Ideally looking for a female working professional in 20's/30's.
- I'm 33F Technical Writer for a telecom company. I work a lot and sometimes crazy hours since I work from home for a worldwide company, but you probably won't know I'm there if I'm working.
- I'm a native Coloradan, love it here. I've had several renters who relocate here from out of state and that has been a lot of fun.
- I have some hobbies, but nothing obnoxious. I write for a job, but I also write for fun and have a writing group that I go to once a week. I love cooking, try to keep it on the healthy side as I'm working on losing weight and getting more fit. I have several fishtanks set up and enjoy them immensely. I get to the gym a few nights a week to sweat and destress. I love camping even though my schedule doesn't allow me to go as much as I'd like. Do my pets count as hobbies?
- I have 2 dogs (a mini aussie/border collie mix and a golden retriever, both females) and a cat (tuxedo female) and they are all very friendly critters.
- I also have a horse (boarded in Morrison) and spend as much time as I can at the barn w/ my critters (the dogs love coming to the barn with me)
- I'm a homebody, not a partier. I like to keep things picked up, but I am not a neat freak.
- I don't smoke or do drugs of any kind, am not a felon, am gainfully employed, and own a vehicle. I can get statements from previous renters if you'd like.
- I am not a morning person, definitely more of a night owl, but I am not loud and if you're a light sleeper just let me know and I'll be sure to turn everything off and retire to my office as early as you need me to.
About the place:
- The house is close to Santa Fe & Hampden (about a mile away from the closest light rail stop) so it is centrally located. My last two roommates worked at DU and loved the nice short commute. The neighborhood is quiet and overall the house is pretty quiet too.
- The room I have for rent is 11x13 with a 5x7 walk in closet. It has wood floors. It is upstairs with an empty bedroom that I use for storage (sometimes guest room) and a bathroom that was completely remodeled a couple of years ago. It is not big, but it is nice.
- I currently have a chair w/ ottoman, a queen size bed, a side table, a corner tv stand (w/ cable box & 32" tv) & a dresser in the room. So I can consider it furnished, or if you have your own furniture I can move mine into the other room.
- I have a washer/dryer downstairs that you're welcome to use. Parking is on the street in front of the house. I have a fully equipped kitchen, with a couple of shelves, drawers, and pantry space designated for you.
- I don't intend to bring any additional renters into the house at this time. If that were to change I would run it by you first.
- I'm asking $550/mo and that includes all utilities (cable -incl HBO, wifi, trash & recycle, gas/electric, sewer/water), plus a $250 security deposit.
- Prefer female, prefer 20's-30's career minded professionals
- You don't have allergies to dogs, cats, or horses. (even though the horse isn't there, I bring barn grime home with me)
- You don't mind taking the trash out once in a while or helping load/unload the dishwasher or washing your dishes
- Bonus points if you like to do any kind of landscaping or gardening. I do what I can but my yards leave much to be desired lol
- You are friendly, but have your own life and don't need to hang out and be BFFs. I don't mind making a meal together once in a while or whatever, that would be fine. I've just gotten used to the type of housemates that go about their business, are respectful of everything they do and how it affects the other people in the house, and pretty much stay out of each other's ways.
- Pets are a possibility, we would need to talk about specifics (size, type, temperament, deposits etc). I am open to another dog as long as it is friendly and housebroken. Not really sure about another cat in the house.
- You are a good communicator and respectful/considerate of others in the house.
- You clean up after yourself and know how to buy & use your own supplies.
- No smoking (420 or cigarettes)
- You need to be able to pass a background check and have rental references available.
- You'll have to sign at least a month-to-month lease. Ideally I'm looking for someone who wants to stay longer than a few months, but I consider the first month time to figure out if this is going to work or not. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and all we have to do is let the other person know per the terms of the lease (30 days or whatever we agree on) and we go our separate ways. If it works out, then I'm open to signing a longer lease term if that is something you want to do.
Please send me an email to chat some more if this sounds like a good match for what you're looking for!