Posting ID : A1065377351
Date Posted : 2015-07-29
Category : Bicycles By Dealer
Quality Truck & Equipment now offers sales and service on the top nine brands of electric bikes on the market.
We are currently stock:
Easy Motion, eFlow, EG, Haibike, IZIP, Juiced Riders, Pedego, ProdecoTech Easy Motion and Raleigh.
Please check out our website at 4QTE.com for more information or stop by our shop today and ride them all or call us at our knowledgeable staff love to talk about e-bikes!
NO license required
NO insurance required
NO registration required
NO license plates required
If you are new to electric bikes then this information will help you get a quick understanding of what electric bikes are all about.
Reasons to have an e-bike;
How fast and how far they go
Different types of e-bikes
So what's the point of an electric bike? To some people the idea of an electric bicycle sounds strange. Why would you want to put a motor on a bicycle that you can just pedal?
Well, here are 5 good reasons (there are many more!):
1. Getting more people on bikes. Riding a traditional bike over hills and into headwinds can be very challenging. An electric bike can flatten those hill and turn a headwind into a tailwind. E-bikes can enable people with an injury to ride a bike again. Overall, e-bikes provide a way for many more people to enjoy a bike ride.
2. Electric bikes are equalizers. An e-bike can help couples, families and/or friends ride together. Not everyone has the same fitness level and an electric bike can help those who are not as fast on a conventional bike ride with family and friends who are faster.
3. Electric bikes are great for just having fun! Adding some assist to your ride will put a smile on your face. It is great to talk about the technicalities of an electric bike but you really need to ride one to truly experience the fun!
4. Electric bikes make it easy to choose your bike over the car. An e-bike can get you around town quicker than a traditional bike and you can arrive at work without sweating. Commuting by electric bike is one of the best ways to have the bike to pay for itself. An electric cargo bike can be a great car alternative/replacement because you can carry people and cargo on a bicycle! There are some people who have sold their car and use an e-bike as their main form of transportation.
5. Businesses can use electric bikes/trikes as delivery vehicles and advertising. Some businesses can use electric bikes as company vehicles for employees to use for meeting clients.
How far and how fast?
Here are some general stats for typical electric bikes. Your mileage may vary.
You can typically expect an electric bike to go up to 20 mph and get a range of about 20-80 miles.
Recharging the battery takes about 4 to 6 hours.
An e-bike typically weighs between 40-60 lbs.
A quality electric bike typically costs $1,500 -- $3,000 with some high end road bikes upwards of $4,500.
An electric bike is still a bike:
Electric bikes are great because they are still considered a bicycle as long as they meet certain requirements.
That means that they can still use bike lanes / paths and they don't require a license, registration, or insurance. You can park them anywhere, enjoy the fresh air, get some exercise, etc. And don't require a drivers license, license plate, registration or insurance.
Types of e-bikes:
Commuter electric bikes are typically are designed and equipped (fenders, racks, lights) to make commuting around town easy and convenient.
These are fast electric bikes that go above the traditional 20 mph limit because they require that the rider be pedaling for the assist to reach the speeds above 20 mph.
Electric cargo bikes offer ways to carry other people and things. They are a great car alternative.
Yes, you can have a classic beach cruiser style electric bike and cruise the boardwalk. These have a comfortable, easy to ride position.
Electric mountain bikes are an emerging niche in the e-bike world. These enable more people to enjoy a mountain bike ride. They can also be a solution to those how would typically shuttle their bikes (in a car/truck) to the top of a mountain for the downhill ride.
Fat electric bikes have super wide tires (4"+) and they can be ridden on sand or snow. Adding electric assist makes a Fat Bike a lot of fun!
Take an electric bike everywhere you go! Folding electric bikes can be a great solution for storing your e-bike in your apartment, office or taking with you in the car, taxi, bus, train, boat, and plane (batteries can be an issue on planes). There are 2 types of folding e-bikes; the full size wheel version and the small wheel version.
Electric touring bikes have the ability to travel long distances and the capability of carrying bags/panniers.
These are upright electric trikes that are great for people who have balance issues or who want to carry heavy cargo loads.
Quality Truck & Equipment
1201 East Bell Street