I have a stunning and complete set of flatware by Jean-Claude form the 1950s. This beautiful, 91 peice vintage flatware set is organized in a teak wood case (18" x 14" x 4") that latches shut. There are 11 serving peices and eight, 10-peice settings. The case has a teak/bronze handle. Inside the case are two layers of place setting peices. The first layer is in a wooden tray that lifts out to reveal the second layer. This would be an amazing collectors item or something for a newlywed or first-time home buyer. The flat ware is made of bronze (copper, nickel, and tin) with rosewood wood handles riveted to the peice with brass (amazing)!
Some light tarnishing has occurred over time and will need a light cleaning with metal polish. Cleaning instructions are included with the flatware and I have copied them below as well.
Each setting includes: teaspoon, tablespoon, salad fork, dinner fork, beef fork, butter knife, pastry fork, meat knife, steak knife, and dessert knife.
Serving peices include 3 serving forks, 2 serving spoons, 2 ladles, cake server, carving knife, cake knife, and cheese knife.
Please contact me for any futher questions or to see this amazing buy!
Materials: Flatware - Copper, Tin and Nickel (Bronze)
Wood - Rosewood
Rivets - Brass
Cleaning Instructions: Original instruction sheet included with collection.
1. Do not use dishwasher to clean Bronze with wood handle as wood will crack.
2. Wash the Bronze and Rosewood Flatware in warm soapy water.
3. Rinse and Dry immediatly with a soft clean towel. Do not leave it to air-dry.
4. Like Sterling Silver the Bronze Flatware may tarnish or slightly discolor with age.
5. Due to the fact that the Bronze and Rosewood Flatware is casted and finished by hand, there may be slight variations in finished product.
Posting ID : B1009688787
Date Posted : 2012-08-30
Category : Antiques By Owner