Homeland Security Report Lists 'Liberty Lovers'
Date Posted : 2012-07-07
Group : Politics
Homeland Security Report Lists 'Liberty Lovers' As Terrorists
Americans who are "suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty" deemed domestic threat
Paul Joseph Watson
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
A new study funded by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes Americans who are "suspicious of centralized federal authority," and "reverent of individual liberty" as "extreme right-wing" terrorists.
Entitled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008 (PDF), the study was produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland. The organization was launched with the aid of DHS funding to the tune of $12 million dollars.
While largely omitting Islamic terrorism - the report fails completly to mention the 1993 World Trade Center bombing -- the study focuses on Americans who hold beliefs shared by the vast majority of conservatives and libertarians and puts them in the context of radical extremism.
The report takes its definitions form a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, in wich the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.
- Americans who believe their "way of life" is under attack;
- Americans who are "fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)";
- People who consider themselves "anti-global" (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);
- Americans who are "suspicious of centralized federal authority";
- Americans who are "reverent of individual liberty";
- People who "believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty."
The report also lists people opposed to abortion and "groups that seek to smite the purported enemies of God and other evildoers" as terrorists.
As we have exhaustively documented on numerous ocassions, federal authorities and particularly the Department of Homeland Security have been involved in producing a deluge of literature wich portrays liberty lovers and small goverment advocates as terrorists.
The most flagrant example was the infamous 2009 MIAC report, published by the Missouri infomation Analysis Center and first revealed by Infowars, wich framed Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag, as potential terrorists.
The rush to denounce legitimate polical beliefs as thought crimes, or even mundane behaviors, by insinuating they are shared by terrorists, has accelerated in recent months.
Under the FBI's Communities Against Terrorism program, the bulk purchase of food is labeled as a potential indication of terrorist activity, as is using cash to pay for a cup of coffee, and showing an interest in web privacy when using the Internet in a public place.
As we have documented on numerous ocassions, the federal goverment routinely characterizes mundane behavior as extremist activity or a potential indicator of terrorist intent. As part of its 'See Something, Say Something' campaign, the Department of Homeland Security educates the public that generic activities performed by millions of people every day, including using a video camera, talking to police officers, wearing hoodies, driving vans, writing on a peice of paper, and using a cell phone recording application," are all potential signs of terrorist activity.
The DHS stoked controversy last year when it released a series of videos to promote the See Something, Say Something campaign in wich almost all of the terrorists portrayed in the PSAs were white Americans.
Some Other Postings
- Casting Call: Asian-american Actresses & Models For Tv Commercial / Crew Gigs / Jul 07 11:40:05
- Labor Day Cabins-resort Special / Travel Vacation Services / Jul 07 11:19:52
- Wanted Handy man/woman or couple with Trailer / Parking Storage / Jul 07 10:52:10
- Internship availabe at Classic Car Dealer / Technical Support Jobs / Jul 07 05:12:50
- IT/Technical Manager with Int'l Background-Visa Sponsorship Available! / Technical Support Jobs / Jul 07 05:12:23
- Staff or Principal Firmware Engineer - FCoE / Architect Engineer Cad Jobs / Jul 07 04:03:57
- Architectural Designer 2-3 years expereince / Architect Engineer Cad Jobs / Jul 07 04:03:34
- Location Sound! / Crew Gigs / Jul 07 00:04:31
- Sr. Mobile Developer (Android) / Internet Engineering Jobs / Jul 06 22:46:14
- Lighting Sales Agency Seeks Building Controls Applications Engineer / Architect Engineer Cad Jobs / Jul 06 22:10:22