Communications Intern - The Center for the Next Generation
Date Posted : 2012-06-23
Group : Nonprofit Jobs
The Center for the Next Generation is a nonpartisan strategic communications nonprofit organization that supports programs and policies that benefit the next generation of young Americans. Driven by high-quality research and data, the Center uses targeted communications to drive the development of an advanced energy economy and to build support for ensuring that America's young people grow up healthy, are properly educated and well-prepared for the workforce. The Center believes that these are the keys to a stronger, more prosperous America.
The Communications Intern offers an excellent opportunity for a talented writer to gain experience working with a team that is launching a new fast-paced, results-oriented non-profit determined to make an impact to benefit the next generation. The Communications Intern will work closely with the Center's communications team to craft and develop the external profile of the organization. succesful candidates must be well organized, with considerable web savvy and the ability and desire to speak up. The intern will be exposed to all facets of the organization, tackling communications challenges, influencing public opinion and framing the debate around clean energy, as well as issues affecting children and families. The Center for the Next Generation is located in downtown San Francisco and pays $15-20/hour depending on qualifications and experience. The candidate must be able to commit approximately 10-15 hours per week. Transportation on public transit to and form the Center's offices will be paid by the Center. The internship will begin immediatly.
Your typical day might include:
Identifying relevant news, statistics and upcomming events
Posting and responding to fans/followers on Facebook and Twitter
Researching current marketing techniques and best practices, pending policy, or potential partners
Drafting a press release or web article
Managing and uploading content on our website
Light administrative help as needed (answering phones, running short errands)
Demonstrated interest in Advanced Energy and/or issues concerning children and families
Excellent writing and editing skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Facebook, and Twitter
Ability to work in the Center's San Francisco office
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Communications Intern" in the subject line.
The Center for the Next Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Some Other Postings
- Intern: Jr. Java developer/ Jr. Technical Analyst / Internet Engineering Jobs / Jun 23 13:15:34
- Solar photovoltaics expert / Science Biotech Jobs / Jun 23 12:58:34
- Web developer Html5/css / Web Html Info Design Jobs / Jun 23 11:26:09
- Dang!Detail Llc exclusive mobile marine services / Marine Services / Jun 23 10:49:32
- Security Systems Journeyman Technician / Security Jobs / Jun 23 10:27:43
- Workers for Warehouse Needed / Manufacturing Jobs / Jun 23 10:19:35
- Professional Marine & Rv Detailing / Marine Services / Jun 23 08:04:49
- Free 1 Month - No Fees - Storage / Parking Storage / Jun 23 07:43:05
- Security Officer (Substitute) / Security Jobs / Jun 23 07:36:57
- Military Work Ethic Needed / Government Jobs / Jun 23 06:40:15