*** Pet nanny/housekeeper in exchange for free rent/utilities ***
Date Posted : 2012-06-01
Group : Rooms Shares
We have a great opportunity for an animal lover that works form home to be our live-in animal nanny/housekeeper in exchange for free rent and utilities. The home is in the Finn Hill neighborhood of Kirkland. There are two rooms included in the rent so you can use one as a bedroom and the other as an office, reading room, or storage. There's also a private full bathroom. It's a $1,200 value!
Our sweet black lab Barney has separation anxiety and therefor he can't be left alone for more than 2 hours at a time during the day so we're looking for someone that can dedicate that time to him for approximately 10 days per month.
My boyfreind AJ works form home primarily when not traveling and I work in an office in Kirkland when I'm not traveling. When he's out of town, we need daytime care form 8AM -- 6PM while I'm working. When we're both out of town (8-10 days per month), we need full-time care. We also try to get away for the ocassion weekend break or vaca, but again we never need more than 8-10 days per month so it's a GREAT deal.
Here's a littel bit more about us:
AJ & I are both in high-pressure jobs so we need to know the loves of our lives are in good hands! We are very neat/clean and do not use any drugs and are non-smokers (looking for the same), social drinkers, and would love a roommate/nanny we could be pals with. We love to cook, run/hike/climb/ski/snowboard/tennis/bike, etc, have freinds over for BBQs, and go out on ocassion.
* Barney is an 11-yr old lab and everyone that meets him thinks he's the greatest! He's got a few medical problems (takes medication) and deals with separation anxiety, but with a kind, patient nanny will thrive.
* Lucy is a 12 yr-old cat and has been with me since she was a kitten. She's a littel skittish, but with a gentle approach will be your best buddy. She's also on medication.
* Fonzie is my 13 yr old, feline-of-the-house, but he's got a major affectionate side, just like The Fonz. :) He gets fired up every morning at 6AM and afternoon at 4PM for mealtime so that requires a morning person that tends to get up early.
More about the house:
* It's a 4+ bedrooms/3 bath home, with a gourmet kitchen, large back deck, and yard w/BBQ and fire pit.
* The rooms available are in the lower level and include a private bathroom so there is lots of privacy. There's also a washer/dryer, fireplaces, and extra family room.
Who we're looking for:
* Because of Barney's separation anxiety, he must be crated when no one is home, so for that reason, we need someone that works form home or is not away more than 2 hours a day.
* Trustworthy, responsible, patient, and reliable are critical. Since my babies will be in your care while I travel, I need a true animal lover with a great attention to detail and a loving, patient nature.
* No other critters, please. My crew has been through a great deal of transition the last 12 months and with the adjustment of a new nanny, I can't add in another animal at this time...I'm so sorry.
* Has own car. Because we take our cars to the airport, this person will also need their own transportation in case of an emergency.
* Prefer just one roommate/nanny only, but would consider the right couple for additional rent.
* The house is furnished outside of the nanny's 2 rooms, but there's room for more furniture if you have your own!
The lease terms would be month-to-month. An $800 security deposit is required, as well as a $500 early termination fee that's refundable with 3 weeks' notice.
Personal and professional references as well as your credit report are required for consideration. Please diligently consider if this is the right opportunity for you as it is a great deal of responsibility, but could be an ideal living scenario for the right person filled with lots of gratitude form me and love form Barney, Lucy, and Fonzie!!!
For those seriously considering, please tell us a bit about yourself, schedule, and provide a phone number. We can then set up a time to interview so you can ask questions and see if we're a good match!!!
Christa & AJ