Posting ID : B1008523777
Date Posted : 2012-05-01
Category : Et Cetera Jobs
Must have experience with structural steel, ornamental and miscellaneous steel. Completes steel construction projects by scheduling materials, equipment, and personnel; monitoring progress; enforcing code and safety regulations; supervising staff and sub-contractors.
* Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees; supervising sub-contractors.
* Meets steel construction work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
* Plans steel construction projects by studying blueprints; ordering and scheduling materials and equipment.
* Monitors construction projects by confirming instructions for steel sub contractors and related trades; conducting inspections; issuing change orders; approving work.
* Approves steel construction work and verifying sub contractor invoices by conducting inspections.
* Prevents fines and interuptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work enviroment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Must perform these tasks at multiple job sites.
*Must be available for weekly out-of-town work. Four days each week typical.
Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Project Management, Planning, Quality Management, Developing Standards, Supply Management, Production Planning, Quality Focus