Posting ID : B1008440930
Date Posted : 2012-04-25
Group : Writing Editing Jobs
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for buisness lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the 100 largest law firms in the U.S., in-house counsel at major corporations, and goverment agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
We are currently recruiting two Assisting Managing Editors (AME) to play an integral part of Law360's busy newsroom. The AME is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the newsroom with the goal of refining coverage. This position manages a team of 5 - 10 legal new reporters and works under the Managing Editor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assign news stories
· Assign features
· Develop story ideas
· Conduct competitive analysis for assigned sections
· Complete structural edits for articles
· Review newsletter content
· Arrange stories in newsletters
· Work with reporters to improve pitching, writing, developing stories
· Provide continuous feedback to reporters to ensure staff development
· Notify Managing Editor of recurring problems in reporting and writing; provide feedback on overall reporter performance
· Train and mentor new hires
· Improve editorial routines; update editorial wiki as neccessary
· Analyze traffic and reader feedback
· Participate in editorial advisory board meetings
· Step in for Managing Editor to fulfill duties as neccessary
· Traffic growth for designated sections
· Sales growth for designated sections
· Correction rate for designated sections
· Scoops (competitive analysis)
Required for consideration:
· 2+ years experience managing a team of reporters
· 2+ years experience as an editor at daily buisness or legal publication
· 2+ years experience as a corporate transactions editor
· 5+ years editing or writing experience
Please note; qualified candidates will be asked to complete writing and reporting tests electronically.
Law360 offers a casual and flexible work enviroment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary with bonus eligibility.
Please submit your application through the following link: